It is common for a man to experience erectile dysfunction (impotence) at least a few times during his life. Factors can be biological and psychological. Sex therapy plus medications in some cases can yield great results.
- Erectile Dysfunction (ED) is common with ageing.
- 40% of men in their 40’s will experience ED, 50% of men in their 50’s (and so forth, percentages increase with age).
- If it happens a few times, it doesn’t mean it will every time.
- Alcohol, medications like SSRI’s and those for diabetes can also be causes.
- Sex therapy can help.
- Relationship Issues
- Major Life Changes
- Sexual Attitudes
- Loss of Libido
- Hormonal Changes
- Sex therapy can help uncover the psychological causes of ED, as this is different for everyone. Often major life stresses, past experiences, and relationship problems can contribute.
- Whilst penile injections and PDE5 inhibitors can help (like Viagra, Cialis) in some cases, it doesn’t help get to the root of why it is happening and isn’t always a solution.